Comments & Complaints
If you are unhappy, disappointed or have any suggestions on how we can improve our service, please tell us. Alternatively, if you think we are doing well in a particular area or a member of staff has been helpful to you, then please contact us and let us know.
You can talk to our Reception Supervisor, Keeley Widdowson, on our Practice telephone number 0114 2697505 or 0114 2889777.
You can also forward your comments / suggestions in the ways below:
- in writing and hand it in to reception, or post to Handsworth Medical Practice, 432 Handsworth Road, Sheffield, S13 9BZ
- email our Practice email - email@example.com
- send your comments / suggestions via this website in the Contact Details section in the top bar of the webpage
- complete a comments card and put it in the comments box in our reception areas
If your problem cannot be sorted by speaking with a staff member, to make a written complaint please let us know as soon as possible. Ideally, this should be within a matter of days or at the most a few weeks. In this way it helps to establish what happened more easily.
If this is not possible, please let us have details of your complaint within 12 months of the incident that caused the problem, or 12 months of the incident coming to your attention.
How we will deal with your complaint
When we look into your complaint we aim to:
- Acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days
- Agree timescales for a response to be sent to you
- Find out what happened and what went wrong
- Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned if you would like this
- Make sure you receive an apology where this is appropriate
- Identify what we can do to make sure the problem doesn't happen again
- Investigate and resolve the complaint within 30 days of receiving the complaint, although this may sometimes be longer
We ask that you contact us first to try and resolve your complaint, but you can complain to an external organisation as below.
External complaint organisations:
PO Box 16738
Reddich, B97 9PT
Tel: 0300 311 2233
If you feel that your complaint has not been resolved you can contact:
Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
London, SW1P 4QP
Tel: 0345 015 4033
Help and Support Available:
NHS Complaints Advocacy
Tel: 0300 3305454
Sheffield Advocacy Hub
NHS complaints Advocacy
Tel: 0800 0350396